|“||How well your trek is perceived by the native inhabitants of this land. Allow it to get too low and they may act with hostility towards you.||”|
Effects of Standing
|+8||May get option to join village life
permanently while resting in a village.
Chance increases with higher standing.
|+2||Can recruit from villages.|
|0||Can rest in villages for free.|
|-1||May get "Followed" ailment. Chance
increases with lower standing.
|-2||Villages may demand payment before
letting you visit. Chance increases with
|-10||Angry Natives continually attack.
Villages can no longer be used.
An explorer's standing reflects their reputation in a region. It greatly impacts an explorer's dealings with the locals. Standing can range from -10 to +10.
- (+1) Every 15 value of items traded to a village with nothing in return, up to +9
- (+1) Having a persian translator or any natives in your expedition, stackable
- (+2) Completing certain quests.
- (+2) Investigating and healing the dying native when resting out in the open.
- (+3) Holy Marking blessing.
- (+4) The Good Reputation perk.
- (+5) Killing Slavers
- (-1) Winning a fight against any free-roaming creature.
- (-1) Using dynamite outside of combat
- (-1) Refusing a hug, refusing a bowl of meat, or refusing or failing to take part in maturation rituals while resting in a village.
- (-1) Incidents caused by kleptomaniac, paranoid, or racist companions while resting in villages.
- (-1) Stealing the idol statue with a successful roll.
- (-2) Resting in a native village without the Polyglot perk.
- (-2) Leaving a village while a marriage ceremony in ongoing.
- (-3) Looting a statue.
- (-2) Inspecting the slaves of a slaver.
- (-3) Trading with a slaver.
- (-3) Looting a shrine.
- (-3) Stealing the idol statue with a failed roll.